have 25 Chipmunks per week. The ratio is 1:5.
The goals of the Chipmunks program are the following:
· To provide a program that revolves around co-operative play in an outdoor setting.
· To provide a program that encourages the development of sharing, listening skills, turn taking and the use of positive language.
· This program gently introduces the campers to the natural world through environmental games and activities. They will also help maintain the gardens, visit the Enchanted Forest, go for a voyageur canoe ride, learn new nature tips and folklore, plus more exciting and magical activities each day.
· The Chipmunks program revolves around fostering good cooperative play skills and turn taking. Staff carefully select programs designed to reinforce these important life skills!
· They will visit the waterfront for their daily swim session. Sessions take place in our supervised waterfront area and/or in our three foot deep above ground swimming pool, weather permitting. Campers in the Chipmunk program will wear a personal flotation device (PFD) during swim blocks.
· They will have the opportunity to visit the Craft, Music and Nature specialists and explore many of our magical theme areas at camp! These include the Leprechaun National Forest, the Hobbit and Fairy Village in the trees, the Magical Cedar Grove and the Mystical Marsh.
· A special “Camp Themed” Indoor Dramatic Play room has been created for the Chipmunks to enjoy on hot afternoons.
· Science-TASTIC activities and our magical garden adventure round out the week.
· The Chipmunks will participate in a fun and interactive special event each Friday morning based on the theme of the week.
Staff assist campers in applying insect repellant before hikes into the forest and encourage long pants and shirts. There are marquee tents and large trees on site providing shaded program areas as well as an indoor pavilion. Staff assist the campers in applying sunscreen at least twice a day and encourage campers to drink at least 2 litres of water daily.
For more information regarding registration for this program, including program fees and additional options visit the Registration Information page.