have a maximum 80 Squirrels per week in groups of 8-10 campers. The ratio is
1:8 (with a max of 1:10).
The goals of the Squirrels program are the following:
· To provide a program that promotes exploration of the natural world through creative and dramatic play.
· To provide a program that encourages the development of the conflict management, sharing, responsibility, judgment skills and the use of positive words.
· Daily adventures will take them to the Leprechaun National Forest, the Hobbit and Fairy Village in the trees, the Magical Cedar Grove and the Mystical Marsh.
· Each week the games, activities and bin crafts revolve around a different magical theme.
· Squirrels will also have a chance to go canoeing to Rosie’s Castle and participate in low ropes elements at the Squirrel Park!
· They will have the opportunity to visit the Art, Music and Nature specialists as well.
· They will visit the waterfront for their daily swim session. Sessions take place in our supervised waterfront area and/or in our three foot deep above ground swimming pool, weather permitting. Campers in the Squirrel program will wear a personal flotation device (PFD) during swim blocks.
· Fun sessions in Sportball, Fishing and Dipnetting with ecology complete the week’s adventures.
Staff assist campers in applying insect repellant before hikes into the forest and encourage long pants and shirts. There are marquee tents and large trees on site providing shaded program areas as well as an indoor pavilion. Staff assist the campers in applying sunscreen at least twice a day and encourage campers to drink at least 2 litres of water daily.
For more information regarding registration for this program, including program fees and additional options visit the Registration Information page.