The 2020 King Day Camp (KDC) Staff Team consists of approximately 100 qualified, enthusiastic, fun-minded folks who enjoy interacting with children in the out-of-doors! The staff are carefully selected for their proven leadership skills, enthusiasm, experience and their ability to relate well with children. The Seasonal Camp Counsellors, Instructors, Specialists & Supervisors are all students returning to school in the fall. A great majority of our staff have worked their way through King Day Camp from campers through the Leadership Program (LIT/SIT) all the way to KDC staff.
All KDC Staff are required to complete or provide:
- All Clear Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen
- Valid certificate in Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- High Five Certification with Parks & Recreation Ontario
- Other ‘area-specific’ certifications that are appropriate for the program, i.e., Air/Climbing Team, Boating/Waterfront Team, etc.
In addition, all KDC Staff are required to attend a full week of staff training prior to camp commencing, as well as program specific training on weekends and evenings in June.
HOW TO APPLY
Every year at the end of October, King Day Camp releases the Employment Information Package for the following summer. KDC will also make available the following 4 application forms at that time:
- New Staff Application Form
- Returning Staff Application Form
- Leader-In-Training (LIT) Application Form
- Staff-In-Training (SIT) Application Form
These forms are due by December 1st for any following summer. Interviews take place in December-February as required. Are you interested in applying to work on the staff team at King Day Camp? If yes, please complete the appropriate Application Form below and email it along with your resume to: email@example.com. Depending on which form you complete, you may also be required to provide a copy of your valid student card, standard first aid and cpr-c certification, etc.
Download Employment PackageReturning Staff FormNew Staff FormLIT FormSIT Form
If you have any questions with respect to the hiring process, please contact:
Sandra Chianelli, Administrative Director
at (416) 491-5050 Ext. 55042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org